Are you looking to replace your grill?
Charcoal grills are very good at smoking meat; regardless of that, they are outdated. They are very hard to clean, emissive, and on top of that, they are expensive in terms of fuel consumption.
One other thing that is unpleasant about the charcoal grill is its heat distribution. The grill tends to overheat outside, especially when grilling on sunny days. Thus, people tend to cover their surfaces with aluminum foil to prevent them from overheating.
Thus, it’s best you get yourself a gas grill as a suitable replacement for this grill. Why?
Table of Contents
Why buy a gas grill?
- They are packed with features and accessories. Some contain features like WIFI systems, Bluetooth, and smoker boxes, etc., which provide you more than a cooking experience.
- They are cheaper in terms of fuel consumption. You require very little gas to cook a 10pound steak compared to the amount of charcoal. Besides, charcoal perishes faster than gas when used.
- They are a good season adapter. The weather tends to affect grills. Thus, gas grills are built to adapt to different temperatures. Thus, they are good cold smokers and heat cookers.
- They have temperature control features. This is perhaps the most visible advantage that gas grills have over charcoal grills. Most of the gas grills have temperature control features. Thus, they can control the heating capacity of the grill by just setting the temperature of the grill.
- They cook very fast. Gas has high and fast combustion compared to charcoal. Thus, a gas grill can spend half the time to cook food that a charcoal grill would.
When buying your gas grill, there are factors that you will need to consider. These factors include size, price, cooking space, heating capacity, durability, etc. Let us look at each one below.
A quick buyer’s guide for prospective buyers
- Size. Gas grills vary in size. Thus, you should check first on the dimensions of your grill’s space. Afterward, compare with the gas grill dimensions. Also, size determines the portability of gas grills. The smaller the size of the grill, the easier the portability of the grill.
- Price. Gas grills vary in price. They range from 400 – 4000 U.S dollars, but you can find some below and above this price range.
- Cooking space. Before you purchase your gas grill, check first on the cooking space it offers. Cooking space is what gives you comfort. If there is sufficient space, you are able to utilize it to its full potential. Thus, make sure the gas grill has a convenient cooking space first before buying it.
- Heating capacity. What makes a gas grill considered to be good? It is its heating capacity. The heating capacity has a standard unit called BTU. Hence, check on the grill’s description for its heating capacity.
- Durability. The construction material is what makes the gas grill durable. Apart from that, the warranty offered also contributes to the longevity of the grill.
As we know that price is the most important sorting factor, we have put together a list of the top 5 grills under the price of 2000 U.S dollars. The list goes like this;
Top 5 gas grills under 2000 dollar
AOG American Outdoor Grill T-Series 36-Inch Natural Gas Grill
- Constructed from 304 grade stainless steel for quality durability
- Stainless steel vaporizer panels deliver even heat distribution and minimize flare-ups
- Rapid Light piezo ignition requires no batteries or electricity
- Included rear infrared rotisserie burner for slow roasting poultry or roasts
- Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA
What makes this gas grill grate is not its brand name but its features. Firstly, the grill has a heat capacity of 50,000 BTU (can cook 30 burgers in less than an hour). Secondly, it comes with a rotisserie kit for roasting meat. Thirdly, it has seamless grill rods.
Apart from its features, the grill has firm construction. Its whole body is covered by stainless-steel hence durable and easy to clean.
Reasons to buy
- It comes with a rotisserie kit.
- It has a piezo ignition system making it easy to start.
- It is durable with good construction.
- It is easy to clean.
- It comes with a liquid conversion kit.
- It has a high heating capacity.
Broil King 957347 Regal XLS Pro NG Gas Grill
- Make the perfect steak - With patented Stainless Steel Dual-Tube burners and the innovative Flav-R-Wave Stainless Steel cooking system, The Regal XLS Pro will give you even temperatures across the cooking surface ensuring juicy and delicious results
- Durable cooking grids - a combination of solid 9mm Stainless Steel rod cooking grids and reversible cast iron cooking grids are up to 38% heavier than those found in comparable grills and provide great heat retention ensuring bold sear marks
- More space & more power - with 750 sq. In. Of primary cooking area between two cook boxes and over 1000 sq., In. Of total space, This grill has room to cook for the whole neighborhood; 60, 000 BTU main burner output gets you up to temp in any conditions
- Make your next cookout a bit brighter - the cool blue LED-lit control knobs let you see exactly where the controls on your grill are set and add a stylish glow to your Outdoor patio space
- PROUDLY MADE IN NORTH AMERICA - with a limited lifetime cook box , 10-year on burners, cooking grids, and Flav-R-Wave, and 2-year on remaining parts and paint, rest easy knowing your grill will perform for years to come
The Broil king brand comes with another masterpiece grill called the 957347 Regal XLS Pro NG gas grill. If you are a fan of large grills, then this grill will catch your eye. First off, the grill weighs 251 pounds. Secondly, the grill has a Flav-R-Wave cooking system (known for enhancing the quality and taste of food). Thirdly, it has reversible casting iron grids. Lastly, it has dual-tube burners.
Other than that, the grill is very attractive with its stainless coating.
Reasons to buy
- It has a high heating capacity.
- It has a Flav-R-Wave cooking system, thus, enhancing the quality and taste of food.
- Its stainless-steel construction makes it easy to clean.
- It has a very long warranty hence durable.
Broilmaster P3S Super Premium
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum construction to last a lifetime
- Dual stainless steel bowtie burner disperse flames evenly
- Adjustable multi-level cooking grid to allow for grilling, baking and warming
- Exclusive Smoker Shutter system allows for varied cooking styles
- Includes massive 1/4 inch stainless steel griddle for cooking bacon, pancakes and even cookies
Our third gas grill on the list is the Broilmaster PS3 Super Premium. If you have worked on a fast-food joint then, you have probably seen it. Firstly, the grill is a workhorse( it is known for its durability). Secondly, the grill has a stainless-steel structure making it very easy to clean.
Apart from that, it has features like 695 square inches of cooking area (suitable for a fast-food business), high heating capacity, and a multi-level adjustable cooking grid.
Thus, if you are looking for a gas grill for your fast-food business, then this is the perfect grill for you.
Reasons to buy
- It has a heating capacity of 45,000 BTU, making it a fast cooker.
- It is considered to be among the most durable gas grill of all time.
- It has a flare buster ceramic flavor enhancer.
- It is affordable.
- It has a multi-level 2-piece cooking rod.
Weber Summit E-470 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 580-sq in Total Cooking Area
- Four 48,800-BTU Main Burners, One 12,000-BTU Side Burner, One 10,600-BTU Sear Burner And One 10,600-BTU Rotisserie Burner
- LED Tank Scale Display And Fuel Gauge For Easy Viewing
- Tuck-Away Rotisserie System With Flip-Up Motor And Separate Spit And Fork Storage
- 10 Year Limited Warranty
If you know a thing or two about gas grills, then you’ll know that the Weber brand produces one of the best grills in the market. Likewise, this propane gas grill is perhaps the best under 2000 gas grill in the market. Why? Let us find out.
First off, the grill has 580 square inches of cooking space. Secondly, it has a BTU capacity of 48,800 BTU. Thirdly, it has a control panel, which makes it easier to set and use the gas grill. Fourthly, it has seven burners, a smoker, and a sear burner. Lastly, it has a built-in thermometer for temperature monitoring.
It is hard to believe that this gas grill cost less than 2000 U.S dollars.
Reasons to buy
- It is affordable compared to the features it offers.
- It has a very large cooking space.
- It has a heating capacity of 48,800 BTU, making it a fast cooker.
- It comes with a smoker and a sear box.
- It has a tuck-away rotisserie system.
- It has LED lights, useful when cooking at night.
Modern Home Products (MHP) WNK4
- Heavy Duty Cast Aluminum Grill Housing
- Reversible Aluminum SearMagic Cooking Grids
- Stainless Steel H Burner
- Two Folding Side Shelves
The MHP marks the end of our top 5 gas grills under the 2000 U.S dollars list. The MHP is for people who prefer a small gas grill. Mind you; its size doesn’t account for its features. Why? Here is the reason why;
Firstly, the grill has 642 square inches of cooking space. Secondly, it has foldable shelves. Thirdly it has a high heating capacity of 40,000 BTU. And apart from its features, its construction is top-notch, with an aluminum housing surrounding the grill.
Reasons to buy
- It is cheap.
- It has two foldable shelves giving you extra space.
- It is a fast cooker.
- It is durable.
- It has a built-in thermometer for temperature monitoring.
- It has a large cooking space.
It is important to observe the company brand name when selecting a gas grill. Gas grill brands like Charbroil, Weber, etc., provide top-notch quality grills making them reputable.
Consider all the pointers in the buying guide before you pick a product.