Looking to enhance your barbecue experience and have a tight budget? Say no more! Pellet grills are here to do the job.
The pellet grill, unlike other grills, uses pellets that cost about 15 to 20 U.S dollars. On top of that, a 20-pound pellet grill can cook for about 20 hours (enough to host a barbecue cookout). Thus, if this doesn’t convince you to buy, maybe the below reasons will:
Why buy a pellet grill
- Pellet grills are versatile. From steak, sausage to a block of frozen mozzarella cheese, the pellet grills cook it all.
- They are easy to setup. Most of them come already assembled. In addition to that, the pellet grill requires to put on the grill manually. Gas stoves require a technician’s intervention.
- They are easy to use. Most of them contain automatic controlling buttons, temperature shut off safety, and temperature shut down buttons.
The grill cost cheap. The grills price can range from 500 U.S dollars up to 4000 U.S dollars.
Have you changed your mind yet? Of course, you have. Now, before we jump to checking out the best pellet grill below 500 U.S dollars, let’s look at the buyer’s guide.
A quick buyer’s guide for prospective buyers
The following are the things you need to consider when purchasing your pellet grill;
- Cold smoking. The versatility of pellet grills offers the option of grilling a variety of foods. Some foods like cheese are frozen, which may be difficult for an average pellet grill to cold smoke. Thus, its best you check on the pellet grill that offers cold smoking.
- Maintenance. Grills can be very hard to clean, especially after a barbecue. Thus, some require to cover them with aluminum foil to prevent grease stains from solidifying on the grill. So, it’s best to buy a pellet grill that won’t give you a run for your money when cleaning and maintaining it.
- Size and space. Before you buy your pellet grill, you must know the size and space that you need. Some grills can grill up to 8 chickens, while some can grill as small as four burgers hams.
- Price. Make sure you check your budget first before going to buy a pellet grill. This will help you opt-out of the pellets that are in your price range.
Top 5 pellet grills under 500 dollars
Z GRILLS ZPG-7002E 2021 Upgrade
- ULTIMATE 8-IN-1 WOOD PELLET GRILL & SMOKER - bbqbakeroastbraisesmokegrillsearchar-grill, you can do everything on here
- PELLET GRILL TECHNOLOGY - It’s the best and easiest way to get wood-smoked flavors. Anyone will instantly realize the taste is better than a gas or charcoal grill
- MAKES YOU A GOOD CHEF - One button starts up, this pellet grill will maintain the preset temperature within 10 degrees fluctuation and produce the optimal amount of smoke, easy and steady
- FOR FAMILIES AND PARTIES - Features 700 sq inches of wide cooking space that allows you to place all at once and cook efficiently, 180° to 450° F Adjustable temperature range gives you great flexibility for different food
- LESS PELLET FILLING, MORE SMOKING - The 20 lbs large-capacity pellet hopper offers a longer cooking time, eliminating the need to refill the hopper constantly
The Z grill company is known for manufacturing one of the best affordable grills in the grill market. Now, this year they came up with a new model called PG-7002E 2021, an improved version of the 2017 one.
The grill is made from stainless steel hence durable. Secondly, it has an 8 in 1 cooking space, which makes it a versatile pellet grill. Thirdly, It is a good heat retainer with the option of controlling temperature incrementally during both hot and winter seasons.
Reasons to buy
- It’s cheap
- It can capacitate about 20 pounds of food substance.
- It has an automatic filler spot for filling pellets hence maximizing your barbecue experience.
- It’s equipped with a temperature control program, making it a good cold smoker and hot sunny griller.
- It offers a large cooking space.
Green Mountain Grills Davy Crocket WiFi Pellet Grill
- The Davy Crockett model is the ultimate portable grill - perfect for Tailgating!
- Portable, Folded Legs Double as Handles, Also comes with an All Weather, Durable and water resistant Cover
- GMG Thermal blanket will reduce pellet fuel usage in the winter, for year round grilling!
- WiFi Mode Connect to your grill through your local home WiFi network
- 2 Year Warranty fulfilled by Manufacture - Best Service and Support Available! Message us with questions before ordering!
This is one of the most innovative grills ever to set foot on the market. It contains a hopper in which feeds the pellets automatically. It contains foldable legs, which makes it easy to carry and get transported. It also contains an adapter that connects to a car. It also has a temperature control system that makes it easier to regulate temperatures incrementally. That’s not all; it has WiFi.
A feature which connects to devices like phones and control temperature.
Reasons to buy
- It has dimensions of 12 inches X 16 inches, which offer sufficient space for cooking
- It has WIFI, which can be integrated with secondary devices.
- It has foldable legs in which makes it easier to transport.
- It has a large hopper in which fills the pellets automatically.
- It has a customized option of adding a timer, just like a modern microwave.
- It has a power adapter that offers multiple power options.
Traeger Tailgater 20 Grill
- NEVER USE GAS OR CHARCOAL AGAIN: Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste. The Tailgater is our most capable of our portable wood pellet grills
- PRECISION TEMPERATURE CONTROL: The Digital Arc Controller maintains a plus/minus 15 degree F temperature control to guarantee precision grilling, and a temperature range of 180-450 Fahrenheit
- Take your grill and your wood-fired BBQ wherever you go. Whether it’s your truck tailgate, the parking lot, out at the campsite or anywhere your travels take you, you’ll never have to leave your smoke behind
- EZ fold legs, a grill capacity of 300 sq inches, and capacity for 12 burgers, 3 racks of ribs or 2 whole chickens
- 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, braise, roast, bake, or BBQ
This is perhaps the best outdoor pellet grill for under 500 U.S dollars. The pellet grill is made from stainless steel, so it is durable and sturdy. Just like the Davy Crockett, it contains foldable legs, which makes it easily transportable and moveable.
Also, the grill provides a 6 in 1, which makes it versatile in cooking. Lastly, it has a space of 300 square meters to accommodate over ten hamburger meat and pieces of steak.
Reasons to buy
- It’s easy to clean since its grilling grates are made from porcelain
- It has LED display lights.
- It has a large cooking room of about 300 square meters.
- It is cheap
- It offers 6 in 1 versatile cooking where you can grill, cook, and bake various food.
PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill
- 700 sq. in. total cooking surface.
- Porcelain coated cast iron grids.
- Digitally controlled burn system.
- Fueled by 100% natural wood pellets.
The pellet grill has a stylish porcelain coat with iron grills, which attracts buyers. The 700FB has features like 8-1 versatility cooking, automatic grilling, temperature control, etc.
Apart from its features, its structure itself is what makes it durable (It’s made from stainless steel). It also offers a large cooking space of about 700 square meters, which is twice the average pellet grill size. Lastly, It has a pellet clean outdoor, which makes it easier to clean.
Reasons to buy
- It’s cheap compared to the features it offers
- It has an 8-in- 1 which provides versatility in cooking
- It perhaps the pellet grill with the largest space.
- It’s easy to clean since it has a pellet outlet.
- It has a broil feature for searing.
Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill
- PID controller for consistent temperatures (+/- 5ºF ), Adjustable smoke settings from 1-10, 160º F - 500ºF temperature range, Easy to use menu dial, High-visibility, low-glare digital display, Includes 2 meat probes
- Ash Cleanout System, Pellet Hopper Cleanout/Purge, Grease Management System
- Large capacity pellet hopper means less filling, more smoking
- Side attachment compatible (Sidekick or Sear Box)
- Grilling Area Dimensions: 19.5" x 22", Total Rack Surface Area: 573 sq. in, Hopper Capacity: 18 lbs. of pellets, Overall weight: 140 lbs
The Camp Chef SmokePro is a unique pellet grill. Why? It’s because before the pellet grill enters the market, it undergoes a series of tests. This is why it’s highly rated by customers.
Now, let’s look at its features. It has a 570 square inch cooking chamber along with extra space for the warming rack. It’s also supported by wheels that make it mobile. Furthermore, it has temperature control features that serve best during the cold smoking process. Lastly, it contains an 18pound hopper.
Reasons to buy
- It’s easy to clean
- It contains an 18-pound hopper.
- It has a large space for cooking in which you can place over ten pieces of steak.
- It has a built-in sensor gauge.
- It has a temperature control system.
- It is cheap compared to the features it offers
Whether it’s for home barbecue hosting or work, the pellet grill does the trick.
So, go ahead and pick the best pellet grill. All the above-mentioned products are below the range of 500 dollars. Make sure you choose the right one!