Money can’t buy happiness, but camping will get you there.
When you love camping and traveling, during cold nights, all you need is a little bit of warmth. And at the heart of every campsite is a glowing, orange, warm campfire. It is what ties the people together; sitting around the fire, soaking in the heat, or roasting marshmallows on a stick under the starry sky.
Building a fire from scratch can be tiresome and although they make it look easy when they strike two rocks together in the movies, it is not the entire truth. Having a portable fire pit can be a blessing and can speed up the process of getting the fire started. Thanks to technology, you will be awed by some of the features of the best portable fire pit available in the market!
We have listed down the top 5 portable fire pits available online and reviewed them for you. Also, we have devised a buying guide and written down some convincing reasons for you to invest in a portable fire pit!
So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Why You Should Invest In A Portable fire pit
- Quick and easy to start a fire at your campsite.
- Safe for the environment as it isolates the fire.
- You can have a gala of a time with your family and friends around the warm fire.
- Light to pack and effortlessly portable.
- You can set this up in your backyard in case you want to enjoy a bonfire.
Quick Buying Guide for Prospective Buyers
With the promises that the manufacturers make, it can be difficult to settle on one product for your purchase. You need to keep your requirements in mind and then choose the best portable fire pit. Here are some of the things you can consider before you make a purchase,
- Material: Whether the pit is made of Stainless steel, cast iron, or copper, the durability will be good. There are others made of glass, polyresin, and aluminum.
- Fuel: Types of fuel include propane, wood, natural gas, charcoal, Bio-Ethanol, and gel. Each having their unique plus points so choose one which better fits your needs.
- Add-ons: Some manufacturers offer an additional cover so that the embers do not escape, some have a grill on top for you to roast your meat on the fire.
- Eco-friendly: With the right fuel, you can have a lesser impact on the surroundings.
The Top 5 Portable fire pits – REVIEWED
Here is our pick of the top 5 portable fire pit. We have considered the ease of portability and assembling, the overall experience, and the comfort of cleaning up after. A few of them are within the budget and the rest of great quality.
Pyramid Large Triangle Outdoor Fire Pit
- PORTABLE & VERSATILE: This sturdy and striking fire pit can be quickly set up and taken down. Interlocking steel allows the pieces to be portable and lay flat when not in use. Bring this beautiful firepit to the beach, mountain, camping or in your RV
- GAS OR WOOD BURNING: Prefer gas burning? Set it up with propane or natural gas. Prefer wood burning? Easy to do and no accessory needed. You can also switch from gas to wood burning. Vents built into the steel allow for air flow for wood fires or piping for propane or natural gas. The most flexible fire bowl you’ve seen yet
- ELEVATE YOUR SPACE: Whether it’s your backyard or home away, this metal firepit will stand out and give you a great space for yourself and others. This fire pit stands out on your patio, backyard, garden or deck and helps give a place for people to gather and connect. Help create memorable experiences with family and friends around this pit
- UNIQUE & DURABLE: Functionality and design Patent Pending. Made in USA. Three 0.25 inch thick steel plates assemble quickly and easily into a unique, safe and sturdy outdoor fire pit without welding, screws or tools. The thick mild steel soon develops a beautiful and protective patina which requires no maintenance. Rounded corners help and support with safety
- SIMPLE: We have tried to create the most flexible and versatile fire bowl that not only looks amazing and beautiful, but is easy to use and can be brought with you to your next camping trip or help you entertain in your backyard. We feel that you will love this fire pit and are committed to your experience with it
When you are off on a camping trip in an RV or if you want to spend a warm evening on your patio, then the Pyramid Firepit is perfect for you!
The sleek design with its utility is good to have if you are an outdoorsy person. The best part is that it can be dismantled into individual steel planes and is easy for you to pack up.
Reasons to buy
- Sturdy material ensures durability
- Works with wood fuel or gas fuel, so very adaptable!
- Easy to pack up and assemble
- Can be transported without hassle in your RV or vehicle.
Solo Stove Yukon with Stand Fire Pit Combo Bundle
- LARGEST SOLO STOVE- Coming in at 27" the Yukon out measures all other Solo Stove fire pits, creating the hottest and most effective fire
- SECONDARY COMBUSTION - Double wall design maximizes airflow and burning process. Bottom vent holes allow oxygen to the feed the fire from below while simultaneously channeling warm oxygen up between the walls of the stove and back into the fire.
- EFFICIENT BURN/LOW SMOKE - A more complete burn means little to no smoke. It also means no more half burnt logs to deal with.
- NO MORE DODGING SMOKE - Since Yukon burns with almost no smoke, you'll spend less time dodging smoke and your clothes won't smell. You'll spend more time enjoying the fire!
- YUKON STAND- Designed to allow you to use your Yukon on more heat sensitive surfaces like wood decks. By raising up your Yukon and allowing more airflow to pass underneath, you'll be able to enjoy your Yukon in more places than ever before
A whopping 27 inches of area to produce heat. It is safe and can be placed on wooden surfaces without worry.
Solo Stove Yukon has bottom vent holes that allow oxygen to feed the fire from the bottom for an efficient and smokeless fire even though it is fuelled by wood.
Reasons to buy
- Emits very little smoke. So you don’t have to worry about your clothes smelling of smoke!
- Its airflow technology burns the wood completely.
- Enjoy a wonderful time with your family without worrying about the fire.
- So safe that the pit can be placed on wood surfaces.
Sunnydaze Crossweave Outdoor Fire Pit – 36 Inch
- Perfect for large gatherings: This large fire pit size is ideal for gathering friends and family for a bonfire in the yard or patio. This fire pit has a 36-inch diameter (31-inch inner diameter), 24-inch height, and 11-inch depth. This crossweave fire pit is 16 inches tall without the spark screen and weighs 29 pounds.
- Heavy-duty design and rust resistant: This heavy-duty fire pit is made from durable 1.7 millimeter gauge steel. Finished with black high-temperature paint, this fire pit is made for long-lasting quality and resistance to rust. The portable function allows this fireplace to be moved anywhere. This fire pit also features a decorative crossweave pattern that complements any outside style.
- Full set included: The black crossweave fire pit set includes a metal spark screen for added safety from flying sparks, a weather-resistant round cover, a built-in wood-burning grate for better air flow, and a poker tool to easily control the flame.
- Easy to set up: Quick and easy assembly allows this 36-inch fire pit to be assembled in no time. Simply attach the three legs and outer rim and you're ready to create cozy memories in the backyard or while camping.
- Worry-free purchasing: Sunnydaze Decor backs its products with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
Sunnydaze Crossweave is convenient and a great value for money. It can be assembled in minutes and is portable. Whether it is your patio or the ocean, it works very well!
It has a large diameter that can easily warm 10 people around the fire. So go ahead and enjoy a wonderful evening with family and friends.
Reasons to buy
- Has a weather resistance cover to brave the weather.
- The lid prevents any amber from escaping the fire.
- Heavy duty and is rust-resistant.
- Has a built-in air grate for better airflow.
Bond Manufacturing 67805A
- Take this fire pit anywhere with the included Smart locking lid; just twist to lock in place and lift using the attached handle
- Features a reliable steel frame with a subtle, but eye-catching rubbed Bronze finish
- Powerful 54, 000 BTU output provides robust warmth and bright, glowing light to a wide area around the pit
- Uses a 20 lb. Propane tank (not included) for a smokeless flame and extended burning Time
- The compact, shielded, lightweight build is safe for wood decks and great for camping, Tailgating, and beach outings
Bond manufacturing’s 67805A is a propane gas-powered fire pit. This fire pit can produce a powerful output of 54000 BTU.
This good looking piece of beauty comes with lava rocks. It is light and can be transported easily. Since it is propane powered it can be used in areas where there are fire bans.
Reasons to buy
- No hassle of hauling wood.
- Has a smart lock to enable easy transportation.
- Made from steel so is durable and stylish!
- Offers a smokeless and extended burning time.
VBENLEM Stainless Steel Wood
- High Quality: Our patio fire pit is made of food-grade stainless steel material, with double sidewalls design, 1.2 mm in thickness, provides strength and durability, preventing it from cracking and rust.
- Adjustable Function: Designed with the stainless steel column, which can use screw accessories to adjust the grill height. This outdoor fire pit also features a full 360 degrees grid grill for versatility and better cooking control.
- Low Smoke: Four bottom vents' design allows Oxygen to feed the fire. The fire pit stand's small top holes make the combustion more full and avoid smoke to the maximum extent, drastically reducing the amount of unpleasant smoke.
- Easy To Use & Portable: This stainless steel fire pit is easy to assemble with the accessories and manual provided. Compact size and shape make it easier to control and portable for easy storage. Double-wall design maximizes airflow and burning process.
- Wide Application: In addition to grilling various foods to increase life fun, you can also sit with your family and friends around the portable fire pit for indoor and outdoor heating. Perfect for the garden party, outdoor travel, camping, barbecue, etc.
A 22-inch fire pit, VBENLEM Stainless steel pit offers a smokeless experience for all you campers. It is practical and has a grill on top for you to cook without any apprehension.
Reasons to buy
- Doubles as a barbeque grill with a rotatable grill.
- Easy to use and portable.
- Sturdy material for durability.
- Has air vents at the bottom to reduce harmful smoke and unpleasant smell
With this information, we hope that you find it easy to evaluate the perfect portable fire for you. A portable fire pit allows you more time to appreciate your surroundings by reducing the effort to put up a fire.
So pick a portable fire pit and enjoy your time in nature under the starry sky.