Cooking is fun when it’s for more than just self and even better if it is outside
Do you love cooking outside? Or aspiring to be an outdoor chef? Food has more flavourful and tasty when it is cooked outside for people you love.
Gas grills are easy to operate and heat up quickly. You can successfully cook grilled food without having to start a fire. Fuelled by propane gas or natural gas, these grills are super convenient. We have listed the best portable gas grills. These are the best in the market and can be easily ordered from the convenience of your home!
Before we start with the reviews, glide through our buying guide. And written below are pretty convincing reasons for you to buy a portable gas grill.
Table of Contents
Why You Should Invest In A Portable gas grill
- It is very quick to get started and clean up after; a blessing during traveling.
- You can cook a variety of food on gas grills.
- They are small and handy which helps during packing.
- Adds tons of flavour to your dish.
- Easier to transport as they are generally smaller
Quick Buying Guide for Prospective Buyers
With so many options available in the market, you need to evaluate the pros and cons of your requirements. Here are some pointers to look out for before you invest in the best portable gas grill.
- The sturdiness of the material: A hefty material and a make will ensure that the heat is retained in the grill longer.
- Accessories: Look for a grill that has side tables for you to set up or prep your food before you cook it.
- Durability: A high-quality material ensures a good make.
- The heat produced: You need at least 10,000BTUs of heat to do more than steam your food, so keep an eye out for that.
- Ease of assembling: Check the ease of dismantling the grill as well as setting it up.
More than anything, check for safety measures each gas grill offers. The convenience of attaching the gas supply and removing it when necessary.
The Top 5 Portable gas grills – REVIEWED
Here’s our pick of the top 5 products in the market. Some of them are within your budget and a few are of top quality. So, which one will you choose?
So, let’s begin!
Weber 7371001 Summit E-670
- 769-square-inch 60,800-BTU gas grill with stainless-steel cooking grates and Flavorizer bars
- Front-mounted controls; 6 stainless-steel burners; Snap-Jet individual burner ignition system
- Side burner, Sear Station burner, smoker burner, and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- 2 Grill Out lights; LED tank scale display; requires a 20-pound LP tank (sold separately)
- Measures 30 inches long by 74 inches wide by 57 inches high; 5-year limited warranty
The weber 7371001 is a 769-inch grill that can be fuelled by either propane gas or natural gas. It comes with a five-year guarantee.
The grills on this machine are the crown jewels from the weber family, it can grill your food as it is angled just right from the flame. With 6 stainless steel burners, you can do a variety of dishes with a click of your fingers.
Reasons to buy
- Can do a variety of dishes with the same grill (Side burner, Sear Station burner, smoker burner, and rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner)
- Cleaning is super easy with an in-built grease management system.
- Burners are rust-resistant.
- Sturdy finish and easy assembly.
Weber 62016001 Genesis II
- 10 Year Warranty, 100% Weber guarantee
- Equipped with the powerful Gs4 high performance grilling system
- Use the side burner to Simmer BBQ sauce or sauté veggies. Dimensions - Lid Open (inches) 62 inches H x 65 inches W x 31 inches D and Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 47 inches H x 65 inches W x 29 inchesD
- Sear station creates an intense heat zone to quickly add sear marks on meat
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates provide superior heat retention
A grill that has 4 burners, 1 side burner, and a sear station all wrapped in one. It has an ample cooking surface of 844sq inches.
A heating rack is also a part of this perfect system. You can monitor the food temperature through iGrill 3, it will notify you once the food has reached its perfect temperature.
Reasons to buy
- Has a 10-year warranty!
- Lighting for the griller to let you give all your attention to the food.
- Collects grease from the meat that can be cleaned with ease.
- Quickstart so you can begin making magic sooner.
Cadac, 2-Door Cart
- OUTDOOR BBQ GRILL WITH CART: The Cadac Meridian 3 gas grill has a dome lid double-lined with stainless steel for better heat retention and an enclosed 2-door cart with hidden propane tank storage
- 3 BURNERS WITH 42,600 BTUs COMBINED COOKING POWER: Backyard entertaining for several guests has never been easier. Made of 439-grade stainless steel with flame tamers and automatic piezo ignitions
- 493 SQUARE INCHES OF TOTAL GRILLING SPACE: ThermoGrill non-stick cooking grate ensures an even surface temperature and the slide-away food warming rack is perfect for melting cheese and toasting buns
- DURABLE FOLDING SIDE TABLES FOR FOOD PREP: Rust and weather-resistant stainless steel side tables fold out to hold meat tray with steak, chicken, and pork, then fold back down for compact storage
- PORTABILITY MEETS STABILITY: 2 crack-resistant rubber wheels and 2 castors help you move the cart with ease. Brake levers ensure that the barbeque grill cart stays put providing safety and stability
The Cadac 2 door cart makes entertaining in the backyard an easy job. It has 3 burners with a total output of 42,600 BTU. It offers 493 sq inches of cooking area.
You can cook multiple things at the same time and impress your guests with a variety of food you have prepared outside. It is rust and weatherproof and can be folded down for compact storage.
Reasons to buy
- Known for its durability due to the strong material used to build.
- Can be put together with ease.
- Portable and has breaking levers for additional safety.
- A wide spread of food can be prepared at the same time.
- The Rogue 365 features 2 burners, 32,00 total BTU, and 495 square inches of total grilling area as well as a range gas side burner
- Precise heat control allows barbecuers to grill and roast at lower temperatures or turn up the heat for searing
- Use the range side burner to prepare sauces and side dishes while barbecuing for cooking convenience
- The stainless steel cooking grids are virtually maintenance free
- Durable black porcelain enamel lid and doors with stainless steel control panel stand up to any weather
Napoleon R365SBPK is a propane gas grill. It is stunning to look at and will capture the attention of people without a say. It has two burners and a cooking area of 495 square inches.
It puts out a heat of 32,000BTU. It has precise temperature control for individual burners. The grids are super easy to maintain. The entire machine can be dismantled easily and can be stowed away in a compact area.
Reasons to buy
- Easy to use and clean.
- Value for money with the versatility in cooking it offers.
- Side burners to cook soup, sauce, and other side dishes.
- Can be compactly packed and stowed away.
- The TravelQ 285 with Scissor Cart allows you to bring professional grilling anywhere with a convenient portable package
- Ideal for tailgating, camping, and even barbecuing at home, the TravelQ 285 with Scissor Cart can cook up to 19 burgers at once
- Napoleons iconic cast iron cooking grids provide even heat, prevent food from falling through, and create beautifully distinctive sear marks
- Two separate burners provide precise temperature control so that you can do anything from gentle roasting and smoking using indirect heat, to high heat searing
- The cast aluminum lid is built high enough for roasts and whole chickens
This Napoleon TQ285X is truly a traveler’s companion. This griller can be taken anywhere and can be used to make professional barbeque.
It has two separate burners with temperature control and can achieve an unbeatable sear on the meat. The design is made to last against strong winds, so the grill stays put through harsh winds. Although it looks fragile, the material from which the grill is made and the design makes it very tough.
Reasons to buy
- Can be folded up vertically and stashed in a compact storage area.
- Very portable and sturdy make.
- Designed to withstand harsh weather conditions during travel.
- Starts up and heats up very fast.
We hope we helped you find the product you are looking for! Cooking on a grill makes food taste fantastic, and without the hassle of putting up the fire or prepping charcoal for the griller.
So put on your best cooking apron and start an amazing outdoor cooking journey.